Wednesday, March 4

Punch Needle 101

I have always loved to create things with my hands! From jewelry to applique clothes, you name it, I love to create. It's what I do instead of reading, I do of course read my Bible! I love the satisfaction I get from starting and finishing something!

My latest craft addiction is Punch Needle! You can create some beautiful things and it is relaxing and most importantly so easy! One of my dear customer's Karen introduced me to punch needle, she is so talented, she quilts, makes pillows using her quilt and punch needle creations, makes wool runners and candle mats featuring handmade pennies. Her work is incredible, I long to have her skills! Maybe if I hang around her long enough some of her skills will rub off on me!

Here are some of the things I am working on or will be working on in the coming weeks and months!







My sweet friend Ginger found this little cutie online and I will be working on this one for Easter! Design by: Threads That Bind



This was my first Punch Needle Pattern, there is a different design for each month and you switch the punch needle design and the wool background out each month. Design by: Buttermilk Basin.



This little cutie is going to get attached with buttons onto a little black boiled wool shoulder purse I have and will get toted around next winter. Design by: With Thy Needle



I love snowmen and want to get this one done for Christmas. I have plenty of time and it will take my mind off of the oppresive heat of July, which is when I will be working on it! Design by: With Thy Needle.

I have started a punch needle class and Karen has graciously offered to teach others this wonderful craft. We meet monthly and it is so much fun, we of course eat, laugh and punch. The fellowship is wonderful and it's so much fun to see what each other are working on.

If you are interested in learning to punch needle, just drop me a comment! Happy Punching!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails