Thursday, February 26

Delicious Dinner in a Flash



I love dinner time, however I have to say the hardest part of dinner time is deciding what to prepare! What sounds good at 7:00am when I am usually trying to decide on dinner, so I can take the appropriate items from the freezer to thaw, doesn't always appeal to me at 6:00pm when the cooking begins!


I am a subscriber to Everyday Food Magazine from the editors of Martha Stewart. While I have found a recipe or two in the magazine from time to time, this month's issue is packed with many recipes that I can't wait to try!
I prepared my grocery list and off I went in search of some pretty basic items and last night was Chicken and Artichoke with Angel Hair night! Talk about delicious! It was easy to assemble, prepare and the results were incredible. I will make it again and may even have friends over for dinner to treat them to this amazing dish.


What you'll need:


  • course salt and ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1.5 lbs total) - can use boneless chicken breasts, just place between plastic wrap and pound thin with meat mallet or rolling pin.
  • 2 TBSP Olive oil
  • 1 cup reduced - sodium chicken broth
  • 1 can (14oz) quartered artichokes packed in water, drained and quartered
  • 2 TBSP rinsed and drained capers
  • 2 TBSP butter
  • 8 oz angel hair pasta- can use whole wheat
  • 1/2 cup parsley leaves (optional)
      1. Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Place flour in a shallow dish, and season with salt and pepper. Dredge cutlets, shaking off excess. In a large skillet, heat 1 TBSP oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches, adding remaining oil as needed, until light golden, 1-3 minutes per side: transfer to dish.


      2. Add broth to skillet, and bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Add artichokes, capers and chicken with any juices. Gently swirl to combine, bring just to a boil. Remove skillet from heat. Swirl in butter and cover to keep warm.

      3. Add pasta to boiling water. Cook until al dente; drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta, topped with parsley.


      It's that easy, and again the flavor is incredible. The small amount of butter thickens the sauce and makes it so creamy!

      I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

      Recipes and Photos: EveryDay Food

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts with Thumbnails