Wednesday, February 18

History of the Welcome Chair



Can you believe this chair was a trash find? One of my dear friends rescued it from someones trash and proceeded to add her touches to it, including a coat of white paint, complete with yellow and white stripe sunbrella (outdoor) fabric. She used it on her front porch for several years and then grew tired of it! So of course being the saver I am when she offered it to me I was thrilled to have it. It sat in the basement of the store for a couple of months until a customer told me she was looking for a chair for her guest bedroom, a simple chair for her guests to use to read, put their shoes on etc....when I showed her the chair, she trusted me when I told her we could make it fit her decor! We simply gave it a coat of paint to match the linens in the room, had a chenille skirt made for it and added some vinyl letters to the back to serve as a Welcome symbol to all who enter the room! Now, think about those chairs you have in your house, basement, garage or wherever that could become works of art with some paint, fabric and vinyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails