Friday, February 20

Staircase Makeover







My creative juices are flowing, it happens every winter when I am trapped inside. My Christmas decorations are down, my house looks oh so empty and boring and all my attention focuses on something in my house that makes me crazy. Remember, I am unusual, odd, different and as my husband would say in need of medication!!!


Are any of you like that? If you are like me, and it's ok if you aren't, I can't rest, until I change whatever it is that is making me crazy and even uneasy! Right now, my stairs in the front foyer are making me crazy!





See what I mean! Ok, if you don't see it that is ok!




The first thing I notice is the bland and boring color, not to mention the wear on the center of each step and if you look closer you will see coffee stains, that magically appear each morning and there is only one of us who drinks coffee and isn't me. Can you guess who it is? He says it isn't him, so I guess we have a ghost that lives here that loves to drink coffee and spill it on the way upstairs!





My stairs are the first thing you see when you enter my front door and I want that site to be a pleasing one! So, I think I have the husband convinced to help me rip the carpet and padding off the stairs and then I will stain the treads and paint the risers and add some decorative vinyl elements to some of the treads, probably every other one.



I say I think I have him convinced as he is at least willing to go look at a neighbors house who indeed removed the carpeting, stained the treads and simply painted the risers, when I told him about it 2 years ago he told me all the reasons we couldn't do it, which is what he normally does when he wants to get out of doing some work, he makes me think it is impossible but little does he realize after 16.5 years of marriage, that if you tell me something can't be done, I am going to figure out a way to do it. I am not even going to tell you all of the reasons he said it can't be done, all that matters is that it can!


Check out some of cool stair makeovers to give you some creative ideas! I love the one at the top of the post with the black and white design and while it doesn't work in my house it is pretty amazing! I can't remember where I found these photos as I have been thinking about the stairs for several years, but I believe the black and white design is actually wrapping paper!


<




I'll keep you posted on my progress! I would love to hear your thoughts and what areas of your home make are less than desirable to you!
















1 comment:

  1. too funny! this idea has been floating in my head for months about MY steps! they are the only carpeted part of this house and i'm betting there are pretty good stairs under them. i may have to join you in this venture!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails