Tuesday, February 24

Organized Living




Wow, isn't it amazing how quickly clutter and chaos can take over our homes. Ok, at least for some us! While I always try and live by the motto "A Place For Everything and Everything in It's Place" it seems that Christmas, or should I say the days, weeks after Christmas seem to be when my motto flies out the window.



It happens because of all of the parties I am throwing or attending, the gift making and giving and the anticipation of the blessed birth of Christ that throw me into overload and I can't seem to get it all done and something has to give and it always seems to be my closet and craft room!



My closet ends up with summer sandals mixed in with winter boots and linen pants mixed in with cords and down vests. The craft room has scraps of wrapping paper, gift bags, tissue, tags and numerous other materials used in making the holidays merry and bright strewn about the room.



I will admit, I am a mood cleaner when it comes to my closet and craft room! The mood has to strike me and when it doesn't, while the mess makes me uneasy it is something I can block out of my mind, until one day I just can't seem to take it anymore!



Well, yesterday was when the cleaning, purging, organizing mood hit me and I got so much accomplished and now have a sense of peace! Of course it took some work and a good number of trash bags for the clothes and shoes I am parting with (haven't worn them in 3 mos, move them out) and various craft materials strewn about that had no purpose.



A trip to the Organized Living Store was in order and helped instill that sense of Ahhhhhh when I open my closet and enter my craft room! My dear friend Sallie told me they were closing the store, so we headed to Kenwood to take advantage of their OOB sale. I ended up with some great plastic totes that have sliding drawers to use in the closet of my craft room for ribbon, rubber stamps and more. They worked perfectly! Sallie ended up with a cool organizer to hold her shoes and another gadget that hooks to the back of the door that organizes purses!



We were both elated and couldn't wait to get home and put our purchases to use!



So, now I will live by my motto until at least November when the Christmas Maddness begins!



I would love to hear how you organize and tips for beating clutter in your home!




Happy Organzing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails